Tuesday, September 4, 2012

DID YOU SEE IT?

DV'er Jennie Austin wrote to confirmed that at least one person from Deerhorn Valley (Jennie!) saw the large fireball streak across our sky last night:
It came from the northeast and went straight southwest.  Probably landed in the ocean since I haven't heard anything on the news.  I was so excited!! Now I'll be outside every night with my camera...ha!!!!  It looked so low I thought it was going to hit the top my my mountain."
Witnesses say last night's fireball was similar to this one.
The American Meteor Society also posted comments from those who were lucky enough to see this (#1255 for 2012).  There were also reports of a fireball over the South-Central states (Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois) just a bit earlier.

Anyone else get a glimpse?  

No comments:

Post a Comment