Monday, March 21, 2011

Ice and Slush & Honey Springs Rollover Accident

A GOOD REMINDER TO US ALL TO SLOW DOWN AND BE EXTRA ALERT:
Lorna Odegaard was driving to work on Honey Springs about 7:40 this morning. As she slowly headed up the HS grade toward 4-Corners water was streaming down the hillsides flooding the roadway. Suddenly the wet became slushy and icy. Lorna "noticed a set of car tracks going off into the ditch and looked over and a car was over the edge on its roof. I made a U-turn at 4-corners and headed back up...the person was blowing on the horn so I sounded my horn and said I would go for help."
She flagged down a Border Patrol unit and then headed to the firestation for help. When she returned, the Border Patrol agent said the lady was alive.
"In all my years living up here since 1980, I have seen it snow many times, but this was entirely different. There was no hail or snow until I hit the bottom and slightly up Skyline."
Thank you so much, Lorna, for having the presence of mind to check on those car tracks and make sure help arrived.  Our thoughts are with the driver and her loved ones.
2:00 PM UPDATE: 
The CHP Incident Report (Archived) http://cad.chp.ca.gov/ indicated "no injuries." That sounds like good news for all.
-Posted by Kim Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment